If you See Something Say Something. Nanaimo Unsolved Crimes June 1st to June 5th
2019-06-07 11:09 PDT
File # 2019-20195
1. Nanaimo file # 2019-20195 Sometime before 4 PM on May 31st a portable work office located at 320 Nanaimo River Road was broken into. The office belongs to Lehiagh Forest Products and it appears thieves busted a window then broke the lock off the front door. The interior was rummaged through but it is unknown if anything was taken.
2. Nanaimo file # 2019-20319 Sometime overnight on Saturday June 1st a discerning rum drinker broke into the Best Buy Liquor store located at 1594 MacMillan Road and stole some liquor. The back window to the business was smashed which then allowed the suspect to reach through and take 2 bottles of Captain Morgan's Coconut Rum and 2 bottles of Captain Morgan's Jack O'Blast Rum.
3. Nanaimo file # 2019-20582 Sometime overnight on Monday June 2rd a vehicle parked on Polaris Drive was broken into and taken was a mountain bike which was attached to the bike rack. The bike is a black Northshore NSR4, valued at 700 dollars and the vehicle broken into was a black Chrysler Town and Country.
4. Nanaimo file # 2019-20585 Sometime overnight on Monday June 3rd some backyard furniture was stolen from the rear of a home in the 400 block of Bruce Ave. When investigators attended the owner passed them a note left in their yard which read " You won't see your furniture until the parties stop. You are too loud. If you are quiet you'll get your crap back, The Neighbourhood. This sounds like some old fashion neighbourhood justice. Either way, its theft and the owner would like to have their furniture returned.
5. Nanaimo file # 2019-20612 Overnight on Monday June 3rd a Minute Man Moving van parked in the 1800 block of East Wellington Road was broken into. Thieves gained entry to the yard by cutting through a chain link fence and then cut off a padlock to the storage compartment on the van. Taken was a Honda 400cc motorcycle, no plate or VIN obtained. The bike had a tire lock in place and drag marks could be seen where the bike was dragged off the property
6. Nanaimo file # 2019-20660 On June 3rd at approximately 5 PM a male suspect stole $250 of trading cards from Walmart. The suspect was seen loading the cards into a reusable bag prior to running out of the store. The male suspect is white, 6 ft. tall, 180 pounds, and was wearing a hat, sunglasses and dark clothing.
7. Nanaimo file # 2019-20700 At approximately 4 AM on Tuesday June 4th the Columbia Bakery located at 2151 Meredith Road was broken into. A property reference heard a loud bang around 4 AM then went to the bakery to find the till missing. The front door to the bakery was open but it did not appear to be damaged.
8. Nanaimo file # 2019-20850 At approximately 4 AM on Thursday June 5th Pita Pit located at the Country Club Mall was broken into. The security key box on the outside of the building had been ripped and inside a cash box was missing. CCTV stills showed a tall slim male wearing a dark hooded sweater and dark hat leaving the business at 4 AM. Officers spoke with employees of a nearby bakery and were told a male similar in description was seen looking in through their exterior windows at approximately 2 AM. This person was white and he was 25-35 years old.
To report a crime call the Nanaimo RCMP at 250-754-2345 or if you wish to remain anonymous, contact Crime Stoppers at www.nanaimocrimestoppers.com or call 1-800-222-8477.
Cst. Gary O'BrienMedia Relations Officer
Community Policing Services, Nanaimo
303 Prideaux St, Nanaimo, BC V9R 2N3
- Date modified: